1.Title of the project :
Library Management System
2.Objective of the project :
The main objective of the Library Management system is discipline of the planning,
organizing and managing the library tasks. Our project aims at making the task of library
easy. Library Management is entering the records of new book and retrieving the details of
book available in the library. We can issue book to the library member and maintain their
records and can also checks how many book are issued and stock available in the library. In
the project we can maintain the late fine of library member who return the issued book after
the due date.
3.Project category :
4.Language and software tool used :
● Front End : Java
● Operating System : Window 7
● Back End : Microsoft SQL Server 2005
5.Structure of the project:
5.1 Proposed System:
In the proposed system, we assume that each member will be having a identity card
which can be used for the library book issue, fine payment etc. whenever library member
wish to take a book, the book issued by the library authority will be check both the book
details as well as the student details and store it in library database. In case of retrieval of
book much of human intervention can be eliminated.
5.2 Module Description:
1. User Module:
In this module student can check availability of the book…
The following are the sub module in the user module.
● Book return: Here student will return the books to the library…
2. Administrator Module:
This is the main module in the proposed project. The administrator can read and
write information about any member. The administrator can also update, create
and delete the record of membership as per requirement and implementation
The following are the sub module in the administrator module.
● Register student: Allow the administrator to register new student and
update the student records.
● Book details: Allow administrator to entered book details.
● Book issue: Here administrator issues the books to the student from
6. Future scope of the project:
We can consider much future scope to this application. The following are some of
● Online use of the library can be good feature for the Library
● Advanced fine payment system can be added.
● Inventory system can be used to maintain the books of the library.
7. Hardware requirement :
● Operating system: Window 7
● Hard disks: 40GB
● RAM: 256 MB
8. Software requirement :
● Java language
● Net beans IDE 7.0.1
● MS SQL server 2005